Happy Post Thanksgiving! I’m hoping you had a wonderful, fablulous time with your people! Did you follow my last post and truly eat, drink, be thankful, and enjoy all the deliciousness of the day without guilt? Without worrying about the calorie count, macro count, fat content or any of the food obsessiveness we can get so caught up in? I hope so! There’s really no getting around food on the one Holiday that is ALL about the food.
If you did do all those things and did eat and drink things you typically do not, like dressing, sweet potato souffle’, pumpkin pie – I mean, who eats these things any other time of the year? Let’s face it. You might be a wee bit bloated. I know I am. But, it’s nothhing to obsess over or even worry about. We can make it go away in just a couple of days. Remember, it is just bloat. It is not full on weight gain or fat. So, as long as you begin eating like your normal self again, that means NO pie for breakfast, cake for lunch and pie again at night, you’ll be just fine and feeling balanced before Wednesday even rolls around.
Let’s face it. You’ll need these tips again in a few weeks with the Christmas parties, dinners and celebrations begin.
Here are some simple things to do to get rid of that bloat.
- Drink Tons and Tons of water. For even more effect toss in a T of apple cider vinegar and 2 T lemon juice for every 16 oz of water you drink. Just Do This. Don’t even think about it. Stick to water only for a couple of days. No tea, No diet drinks, No carbonated, fizzy, bubbly stuff.
- Eat like a normal person – meaning don’t skip meals and go on a crazy calorie restricting day or two. When you ARE hungry make sure you eat protein and Fiber. And up the Fiber.
- Absolutely NO salty, high sodium foods and NO processed foods. You can do this! Eat the real stuff like good hydrating vegetables, and broth based soups.
- SWEAT. Get on a good sweat. This is a game changer for me. You will feel lighter after even one good sweat session. Exercise, steam, sauna – or some combination of all three. I promise you’ll thank me!
- If you are a coffee drinker, drink your coffee. Because, well, we all know what coffee does.
- Hopefully, you’re already in the habit of taking a good probiotic. Keep that up!
- This is also a good time to make sure you are adding in those good fermented foods. One of my fav ways is to add Kimchi or sauerkraut to your salad.
- And mostly, remember to get back to your normal life. Sorry, but the party is over. So stop eating like it’s still your birthday, Thanksgiving or Christmas. If you just can’t say no to the leftovers then you just need to be a grown up. You know what you need to do with them!
That’s it folks. It really is simple. Give it a try. Let me know how you are feeling about Tuesday or Wednesday!