Here are some things I have learned in the past couple of weeks:
(In no particular order)
1. If a friend offers help in any form or fashion just say “Okay thanks”. There are some times when you do not have to or cannot do it all. Superwoman was a thing of the 80’s anyway.
2. Change is a good thing ~ except if you are an 11 year old boy who has never known anything different.
3. Somethings you just let go ~ whether it is a thing (comma) a feeling (comma) or one more thing on the “to do ” list ~ or you might just explode.
4. Sometimes we have something planned that doesn’t work out. Usually something better comes along even if it takes a while to see it.
5. If you ever get frustrated with your children (especially if they are tweens or teens) look at their baby and toddler photos. They really were cute little buggers.
6. We are a society of consumers ~ sinfully so. If something doesn’t serve a purpose or if you don’t absolutely love it or it is not sentimental to you~get rid of it. Now. DO NOT MAKE YOUR CHILDREN DO IT.
7. This is something I discovered long ago but feel inclined to reiterate. In relationships there are two types of people~ there is a Worker Bee and then there is the other person. I’m not sure what makes one person be one way or the other. Is that genetics? I’d like a study done on this.
8. Keep the memories fresh. Keep the stories coming. They make the family and make the home.
9. Pictures do speak a thousand words. This is what my boys looked like when we moved into our old home.
Now I’m off to tackle some more of the mountain.
Have a GREAT week!