This has gotten to be a staple in my refrigerator. I love the crunchiness of the shredded brussel sprouts and the tang of the kale mixed in a salad. Lo and behold the people in power decided to mix these super foods together in a pre-made bagged salad. How smart was that? Some of these bags even come with their own ingredients so you don’t even have to even think about what to add, much less wash and chop your additions. That makes eating a quick and easy, healthy lunch or dinner such a no brainer. Walking over to the crisper drawer of your refrigerator and whipping this together is much quicker than getting in your car to drive anywhere!
If you want to be a little adventurous with this bag of superfood goodness, here is a really tasty way to dress it up:
DRESSED UP BRUSSEL SPROUTS AND KALE SALAD
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon local honey
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 bag of pre chopped and washed brussel sprouts and kale salad, such as Eat Smart
- (of course you can shred fresh brussel sprouts and kale for your salad)
- 2 medium apples, chopped
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup raw or roasted pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese or feta cheese
- For the dressing, mix ingredients listed from olive oil through the ground fresh pepper in a bowl, whisking lightly. Toss the remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly with the dressing. Allow the dressing to sit a few hours for an extra tasty salad!
What is your favorite pre-made salad? What is your favorite quick lunch?
Enjoy Your Day!